Windows 8 Administration Pocket Consultant
This product currently is not for sale.
This eBook includes the following formats, accessible from your Account page after purchase:
EPUB The open industry format known for its reflowable content and usability on supported mobile devices.
MOBI The eBook format compatible with the Amazon Kindle and Amazon Kindle applications.
PDF The popular standard, which reproduces the look and layout of the printed page.
This eBook requires no passwords or activation to read. We customize your eBook by discreetly watermarking it with your name, making it uniquely yours.
- Published 9/15/2012
- 1st Edition
- 672 pages
- Book 978-0-7356-6613-9
Portable and precise, this pocket-sized guide delivers ready answers for administering computers running Windows 8. Zero in on core operations and daily tasks using quick-reference tables, instructions, and lists. You’ll get the focused information to solve problems and get the job done—whether at your desk or in the field.
Get fast facts on these essential topics:
- Configuring and optimizing Windows 8 computers
- Customizing the desktop and UI
- Configuring user and computer policies
- Managing disk drives and file systems
- Managing devices, drivers, and software
- Administering data access, availability, resource sharing, and security
- Configuring and troubleshooting TCP/IP networking
- Administering TPM and BitLocker Driver Encryption
- Managing mobile users and remote access
Online Sample Chapters
Table of Contents
- Chapter 1: Introduction to Windows 8 Administration
- Chapter 2: Configuring Windows 8 Computers
- Chapter 3: Customizing the Desktop and the User Interface
- Chapter 4: Managing Firmware, Boot Configuration, and Startup
- Chapter 5: Configuring User and Computer Policies
- Chapter 6: Automating Windows 8 Configuration
- Chapter 7: Managing User Access and Security
- Chapter 8: Installing and Maintaining Applications
- Chapter 9: Managing Hardware Devices and Drivers
- Chapter 10: Handling Maintenance and Support Tasks
- Chapter 11: Using TPM and BitLocker Drive Encryption
- Chapter 12: Managing Disk Drives and File Systems
- Chapter 13: Managing File Security and Resource Sharing
- Chapter 14: Maintaining Data Access and Availability
- Chapter 15: Configuring and Troubleshooting TCP/IP Networking
- Chapter 16: Managing Mobile Networking and Remote Access