- Published 12/15/2012
- 1st Edition
Ace your preparation for Microsoft Certification Exam 70-463 with this 2-in-1 Training Kit from Microsoft Press. Work at your own pace through a series of lessons and practical exercises, and then assess your skills with online practice tests—featuring multiple, customizable testing options.
Maximize your performance on the exam by learning how to:
- Design and implement a data warehouse
- Develop and enhance SQL Server Integration Services packages
- Manage and maintain SQL Server Integration Services packages
- Build data quality solutions
- Implement custom code in SQL Server Integration Services packages
For customers who purchase an ebook version of this title, instructions for downloading the CD files can be found in the ebook.
- Click the following link: Download the companion content.
- Click Save.
- Locate the .zip file on your computer. Right-click the file, click Extract All, and then follow the instructions.
The above link does not include the Practice Tests. If you purchased the eBook from this site, the practice test files are available for download on your Account page, under the Disc Contents tab.
Download the sample database(s)
- Click the following links:
- Click Save.
- Choose a location where you want to store this sample database (.mdf file).
Note You can save the .mdf file wherever you like, but one good place is to save it in the default SQL Server databases folder. You need administrator permission to do that. Typically, the local databases folder is C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\MSSQL11.MSSQLSERVER\MSSQL\DATA.
Attach the sample database(s)
- Start SQL Server Management Studio (SSMS).
- Connect to your SQL Server 2012 instance.
- In Object Explorer, right-click the Databases node beneath your SQL Server 2012 instance and then choose Attach.
- Beneath Databases To Attach, click Add.
- In the Local Database Files dialog, scroll to the downloaded .mdf file that you saved locally, select it, and then click OK.
IMPORTANT When using this method to attach, SSMS will by default also search for the .ldf file (which isn't included), causing the attach-process to fail. You must manually remove the .ldf before clicking OK as discussed in the next step.
- Beneath the database details list, select the Log file (filename ending with .ldf) and then click Remove.
- Click OK.
You can find more instructions related to attaching databases here: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms190209.aspx.
We've made every effort to ensure the accuracy of this book and its companion content. Any errors that have been confirmed since this book was published can be downloaded below.
Download the errata
If you find an error, you can report it to us through our Submit errata page.