Microsoft Windows Scripting with WMI: Self-Paced Learning Guide
- By Ed Wilson
This product currently is not for sale.
- Published 10/26/2005
- 1st Edition
- 400 pages
- Book 978-0-7356-2231-9
Go beyond simple queries and get the inside track on how to write system administration scripts with Windows Management Instrumentation (WMI)—straight from a Microsoft scripting expert. With labs and lessons you complete at your own pace, this definitive tutorial helps you build your scripting expertise and provides the professional guidance you need to automate Windows administrative tasks.
Teach yourself how to write and run scripts to:
- Configure WMI—without editing the registry
- Audit and inventory software on local or remote desktops and servers
- Manage system components, including keyboards, motherboards, disk drives, and printers
- Monitor and report on real-time changes in system performance and respond to critical events
- Configure network components
- Test security access rights and make changes to one or multiple systems
And learn how to:
- Test, diagnose, and resolve errors with WMI
- Back-up and restore the registry
- PLUS—Get more than 900 script samples that you can use to help simply the management of your system resources
- More than 900 sample scripts to adapt for your own work
- Time-saving scripting tools—including Script-o-Matic 2.0 and WMIcheck
- Fully searchable eBook
For customers who purchase an ebook version of this title, instructions for downloading the CD files can be found in the ebook.
If you find an error, you can report it to us through our Submit errata page.