Microsoft Systems Management Server 2003 Administrator's Companion, 2nd Edition
This product currently is not for sale.
- Published 1/21/2004
- 2nd Edition
- 864 pages
- Book 978-0-7356-1888-6
Streamline—and centralize—the management of your Microsoft Windows-based desktops with the essential guide to planning, deploying, and supporting Systems Management Server (SMS) 2003. This in-depth administrator’s reference drills into SMS features and components and provides easy-to-follow procedures, practical workarounds, and key troubleshooting tactics for everyday, on-the-job results. From remotely installing, managing, and troubleshooting applications to deploying patches, monitoring system usage, and tracking assets—you get must-know details for protecting and optimizing your technology investment.
Discover how to:
- Plan, install, and configure your SMS site and site systems
- Prepare existing SMS 2.0 sites for migration
- Construct a management hierarchy, including creating secondary sites
- Understand patch management and how to integrate SMS 2003 into the process
- Walk through resource discovery and client installation methods
- Create and distribute software packages and critical updates through the management console and through scripts
- Implement and administer standard or advanced security modes
- Monitor site activity, track information flow, and analyze network and server performance remotely
- Plan your disaster recovery strategy, including maintenance and backups Evaluation software inside!
- Try Microsoft Systems Management Server 2003 with 120-day evaluation software on CD.
For customers who purchase an ebook version of this title, instructions for downloading the CD files can be found in the ebook.
If you find an error, you can report it to us through our Submit errata page.
Other titles you might like
- Training Guide Administering Windows Server 2012 R2 (MCSA)
- eBook (Watermarked) $47.99