Microsoft SQL Server 2008 Analysis Services Step by Step
This product currently is not for sale.
- List price: $39.99
This eBook includes the following formats, accessible from your Account page after purchase:
EPUB The open industry format known for its reflowable content and usability on supported mobile devices.
MOBI The eBook format compatible with the Amazon Kindle and Amazon Kindle applications.
PDF The popular standard, which reproduces the look and layout of the printed page.
This eBook requires no passwords or activation to read. We customize your eBook by discretely watermarking it with your name, making it uniquely yours.
- Published 4/15/2009
- 1st Edition
- 448 pages
- Book 978-0-7356-2620-1
- eBook 978-0-7356-3056-7
Teach yourself to use SQL Server 2008 Analysis Services for business intelligence—one step at a time. You'll start by building your understanding of the business intelligence platform enabled by SQL Server and the Microsoft Office System, highlighting the role of Analysis Services. Then, you’ll create a simple multidimensional OLAP cube and progressively add features to help improve, secure, deploy, and maintain an Analysis Services database. You'll explore core Analysis Services 2008 features and capabilities, including dimension, cube, and aggregation design wizards; a new attribute relationship designer; designer AMO warnings; and using dynamic management views to monitor resources. And as you complete each lesson, you can hone your skills using the practice exercises from the companion CD. Plus, you can review and download code samples illustrating the author’s own, professional techniques—direct from the companion Web site.
For customers who purchase an ebook version of this title, instructions for downloading the CD files can be found in the ebook.
Online Sample Chapter
Table of Contents
- Part I: Understanding Business Intelligence and Analysis Services
- Chapter 1: Business Intelligence: A Data Analysis Foundation
- Chapter 2: Understanding OLAP and Analysis Services
- Chapter 3: Accessing Source Data
- Part II: Design Fundamentals
- Chapter 4: Creating Dimensions
- Chapter 5: Creating a Cube
- Chapter 6: Creating Advanced Measures and Calculations
- Chapter 7: Advanced Dimension Design
- Part III: Advanced Design
- Chapter 8: Working with Account Intelligence
- Chapter 9: Currency Conversion and Multiple Languages
- Chapter 10: Interacting with a Cube
- Chapter 11: Retrieving Data from Analysis Services
- Chapter 12: Implementing Security
- Chapter 13: Designing Aggregations
- Part IV: Production Management
- Chapter 14: Managing Partitions and Database Processing
- Chapter 15: Managing Deployment
- Chapter 16: Advanced Monitoring and Management Tools
- Appendix : About the Author
- Click the following link: Download the companion content.
- Click Save.
- Locate the .zip file on your computer. Right-click the file, click Extract All, and then follow the instructions.
If you find an error, you can report it to us through our Submit errata page.