Microsoft SQL Server 2005 Analysis Services Step by Step
This product currently is not for sale.
- Published 3/29/2006
- 1st Edition
- 400 pages
- Book 978-0-7356-2199-2
Teach yourself the fundamentals of SQL Server Analysis Services—one step at a time. With this practical, learn-by-doing tutorial, you get the guidance you need to build flexible and powerful solutions that meet the analytical needs of your organization.
Discover how to:
- Start building cubes using the Microsoft Visual Studio 2005 Business Intelligence designers
- Create dimensions and measure groups to build, browse, and modify OLAP cubes
- Design objects to handle unique financial analysis requirements
- Improve query performance with aggregations and user hierarchies
- Customize cubes with multi-dimensional expressions (MDX) and other advanced design techniques
- Use actions to integrate Web pages, reporting applications, and drillthrough capabilities with cubes
- Manage role-based security and restrict data access
- Deploy and maintain a database in a production environment
- All practice exercises and answer files
- Fully searchable eBook
For customers who purchase an ebook version of this title, instructions for downloading the CD files can be found in the ebook.
- Click the following link: Download the companion content.
- Click Save.
- Locate the .zip file on your computer. Right-click the file, click Extract All, and then follow the instructions.
If you find an error, you can report it to us through our Submit errata page.