Microsoft SQL Server 2000 Administrator's Pocket Consultant
This product currently is not for sale.
This eBook includes the following formats, accessible from your Account page after purchase:
EPUB The open industry format known for its reflowable content and usability on supported mobile devices.
MOBI The eBook format compatible with the Amazon Kindle and Amazon Kindle applications.
PDF The popular standard, which reproduces the look and layout of the printed page.
This eBook requires no passwords or activation to read. We customize your eBook by discreetly watermarking it with your name, making it uniquely yours.
- Published 9/27/2000
- 1st Edition
- 480 pages
- Book 978-0-7356-1129-0
MICROSOFT SQL SERVER 2000 ADMINISTRATOR’S POCKET CONSULTANT is the ideal concise, immediate reference you’ll want with you at all times as you deal with the details of Microsoft SQL Server 2000 database administration. Whether you handle administration for 50 users or 5000, this hands-on, fast-answers guide focuses on what you need to do to get the job done quickly.
With extensive easy-to-read tables, lists, and step-by-step instructions, it’s the portable, readable guide that will consistently save you time and minimize system downtime by giving you the right information right now.
This hands-on guide gives you the fast answers you need to:
- Grasp the fundamentals. Understand the SQL Server 2000 architecture; learn administration tools, techniques, and concepts; and discover how to modify configuration settings to optimize memory usage, take advantage of parallel processors, and more.
- Complete core tasks. Perform basic tasks to create and manage databases, servers, and server groups; and create logons, configure logon permissions, assign roles, and conduct other essential security measures.
- Administer databases. Manage tables, indexes, and views; query and manipulate data; import and export data; and integrate SQL Server data with other data sources.
- Control distributed data. Administer linked servers and distributed transactions, configure data merging and replication, and supervise data publication and subscription.
- Optimize and maintain databases. Profile and monitor SQL Server, conduct data backup and recovery, and take charge of automation and maintenance.
If you find an error, you can report it to us through our Submit errata page.
Other titles you might like
- T-SQL Fundamentals, 3rd Edition
- Book $49.99
- T-SQL Fundamentals
- eBook (Watermarked) $39.99