- Published 1/29/2015
- 1st Edition
- Book 978-0-7356-9695-2
- eBook 978-0-7356-9700-3
The quick way to learn Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and OneNote for iPad!
This is learning made easy. Get productive fast with every Office for iPad app--plus OneNote, too! Jump in wherever you need answers--brisk lessons and colorful screen shots show you exactly what to do, step by step.
Now in full color!
- Quickly create Word documents by tapping, typing, or dictating
- Organize and design professional documents of all kinds
- Visually analyze information in tables, charts, and PivotTables
- Deliver highly effective presentations in PowerPoint straight from your iPad
- Save and send PDFs, with or without Office 365
- Use OneNote to capture and share everything from text to iPad photos
- Easy lessons for essential tasks
- Big full-color visuals
- Skill-building practice files
Download your Step by Step practice files at: http://aka.ms/iPadOfficeSBS/files
Online Sample Chapters
How to Store and Retrieve Data in Microsoft Excel for the iPad
How to Use OneNote to Store Information in Digital Notebooks on Your iPad
Download the sample content
Table of Contents
Who this book is for xi
The Step by Step approach xi
Download the practice files xii
Sidebar: Adapt exercise steps xiv
Ebook edition xvi
Get support and give feedback xvi
Part 1: Get started with Microsoft Office for iPad
Chapter 1: Office for iPad basics 3
Install Office for iPad apps 4
Hardware requirements 4
Sidebar: iTunes support for the iPad 5
Installation options 7
Microsoft account options 10
Office 365 subscription options 11
Configure iPad and Office app settings 15
Update Office apps 18
Remove and reinstall Office apps 22
Skills review 23
Practice tasks 24
Chapter 2: Get connected 27
Start and activate apps 28
Connect to an account 28
Sidebar: Organize apps in folders 30
Manage account connections 31
Sidebar: Alternative file access methods 34
Connect to additional storage locations 35
Sidebar: Use OneDrive to work anywhere 36
Connect to your OneDrive 38
Sidebar: Synchronize OneDrive with desktop computers 40
Get help with Office apps 41
Exit files and apps 43
Skills review 44
Sidebar: Switch among running apps 45
Practice tasks 46
Chapter 3: Create and manage files 49
Create, open, and save files 50
Create files 50
Open files 52
Sidebar: Switch among files 54
Sidebar: Font substitution 56
Save files 58
Sidebar: View and edit files online 59
Use common Office interface features 59
Identify standard features 60
Sidebar: Change the magnification level of file content 61
Work with the ribbon 62
Manage files 64
Sidebar: Hide and show the on-screen keyboard 67
Sidebar: Reconfigure the on-screen keyboard 68
Search file content 69
Print file content 72
Distribute files 74
Skills review 77
Practice tasks 78
Part 2: Microsoft Word for iPad
Chapter 4: Create professional documents 83
Sidebar: The Word feature set 84
Create documents from templates 88
Enter text in documents 93
Sidebar: Magnify the cursor position 98
Sidebar: Check spelling 99
Move, copy, and delete text 100
Sidebar: The Clipboard 100
Sidebar: Paste options 102
Align, space, and indent paragraphs 104
Configure alignment 105
Configure vertical spacing 106
Configure indents 107
Structure content manually &nbs
The practice files are in a compressed (zipped) folder. To make the practice files available from your iPad you must first extract them to your OneDrive or OneDrive for Business.
Note: You can’t extract the files directly to your iPad or from your iPad.
Follow these steps:
- On a computer, click the following link: Get the compressed folder.
- In the browser window that opens, click Open to display the compressed practice files in a File Explorer window.
- On the Extract tool tab, click the Extract All button to start the Extract Compressed (Zipped) Folders wizard.
- On the Select A Destination And Extract Files page, click the Browse button.
The extraction location you should choose in the Select A Destination window depends on whether you have installed the OneDrive or OneDrive for Business sync app on your computer and synchronized your storage folder.
- In the Browse window, check whether the folder list includes a OneDrive or OneDrive for Business folder.
- If it does, navigate to the OneDrive subfolder (such as Documents) that you want to store the practice files in, and then click OK.
- If it doesn’t, navigate to a folder on your computer (such as Documents) that you want to store the practice files in, and then click OK.
- On the Select A Destination And Extract Files page, click Extract to extract the iPadOffice SBS folder and its 12 chapter subfolders.
If you extracted the practice files to your OneDrive or OneDrive for Business, they will be available to you from your iPad as soon as the folder synchronizes with the server.
- If you extracted the practice files to your computer, open your OneDrive or OneDrive for Business folder in a web browser and upload the iPadOfficeSBS folder and its contents.
The practice files are now available on your OneDrive or OneDrive for Business in the folder structure that is specified in the book. You can open a practice file and then save a duplicate copy of it on your iPad by following the instructions in Chapter 3 of the book.