MCSE Self-Paced Training Kit (Exams 70-210, 70-215, 70-216, 70-217): Microsoft Windows 2000 Core Requirements, 2nd Edition
This product currently is not for sale.
This eBook includes the following formats, accessible from your Account page after purchase:
EPUB The open industry format known for its reflowable content and usability on supported mobile devices.
MOBI The eBook format compatible with the Amazon Kindle and Amazon Kindle applications.
PDF The popular standard, which reproduces the look and layout of the printed page.
This eBook requires no passwords or activation to read. We customize your eBook by discreetly watermarking it with your name, making it uniquely yours.
- Published 8/28/2002
- 2nd Edition
- 4416 pages
- Book 978-0-7356-1771-1
Get in-depth training and practice for the four exams every Windows 2000 MCSE candidate must pass. Covering Exams 70-210, 70-215, 70-216, and 70-217, these official Microsoft study guides pack the core knowledge you need to successfully set up and manage the Windows 2000 operating system. Work at your own pace through the lessons and hands-on exercises. And use the exam-prep questions and testing tool to measure your progress and sharpen your test-taking skills. As you gain practical experience supporting the Windows 2000-based desktop and server environment, you’re also preparing for MCSE certification.
Here’s what you’ll learn:
CORE EXAM 70-210 Microsoft Windows 2000 Professional
- Install or upgrade to Windows 2000 Professional
- Administer access to shared files, folders, and printers
- Configure and manage hardware devices and drivers
- Optimize system memory, disk, and application performance
- Troubleshoot the desktop environment
- Implement network protocols and services
- Help ensure data and system security
CORE EXAM 70-215 Microsoft Windows 2000 Server
- Install or upgrade to Windows 2000 Server
- Configure network services for interoperability
- Manage access to shared system and Web-based resources
- Administer Windows 2000 disks and data storage
- Set up and troubleshoot hardware devices and drivers
- Optimize system performance, reliability, and availability
- Implement network protocols and services
- Help ensure system security
CORE EXAM 70-216 Microsoft Windows 2000 Network Infrastructure Administration
- Plan the infrastructure for your network
- Install and configure TCP/IP
- Resolve host names with WINS and DNS
- Automate and centrally manage address configuration
- Implement and manage remote access
- Share a single Internet connection with Network Address Translation
- Help secure network communications
CORE EXAM 70-217 Microsoft Windows 2000 Active Directory Services
- Plan, configure, and administer your Active Directory infrastructure
- Manage and troubleshoot DNS name resolution
- Administer software and the user environment with Group Policy
- Deploy Windows 2000 using Remote Installation Services (RIS)
- Use Active Directory technology to centrally manage user and group accounts, shared folders, and network resources
- Implement and troubleshoot security in a directory services infrastructure
- Monitor and optimize Active Directory performance
Here’s what’s inside:
- Comprehensive self-paced training that maps to MCP exam goals and objectives
- Skill-building exercises on CD
- NEW—Test-readiness tool that generates timed, 50-question practice exams with automated scoring
- NEW—More than 200 pages of exam prep and objective-by-objective review inside each book
- NEW—Microsoft Encyclopedia of Networking, Second Edition, eBook
- 120-day evaluation version of Windows 2000 Server
- Searchable eBooks for all four study guides
Minimum System Requirements: 133-MHz or higher Pentium-compatible processor Microsoft Windows 95, 98, Millennium Edition (Me), 2000 Professional, XP, or Microsoft Windows NT 4 with SP3 or later operating system Microsoft Internet Explorer 5.1 or later browser software 128-MB RAM minimum; 256 MB recommended 2-GB hard disk with a minimum of 1 GB of free space SuperVGA monitor; 256-color display card recommended 8X CD-ROM drive or DVD-ROM drive Microsoft Mouse or compatible pointing device
NOTE: To complete the exercises for Windows 2000 Server and Windows 2000 Network Infrastructure Administration, you need two computers, each equipped with a network card and
If you find an error, you can report it to us through our Submit errata page.