MCITP Self-Paced Training Kit (Exams 70-431, 70-443, 70-444): Microsoft SQL Server 2005 Database Administrator Core Requirements
This product currently is not for sale.
- Published 11/29/2006
- 1st Edition
- 2544 pages
- Book 978-0-7356-2377-4
EXAM PREP GUIDES Ace your preparation for the skills measured by three core MCITP exams—and on the job. Work at your own pace through a series of lessons and reviews that fully cover each exam objective. Then, reinforce what you’ve learned by applying your knowledge to real-world case scenarios and practice exercises.
PRACTICE TESTS Assess your skills with practice tests on CD. You can work through hundreds of questions using multiple testing modes to meet your specific learning needs. You get detailed explanations for right and wrong answers—including a customized learning path that describes how and where to focus your studies.
Maximize your exam performance with preparation for:
EXAM 70-431 Microsoft SQL Server 2005—Implementation and Maintenance
- Install and configure SQL Server
- Set up tables, indexes, columns, and constraints
- Use Transact-SQL to implement functions, stored procedures, and triggers
- Work with relational and XML data
- Monitor, troubleshoot, and tune queries
- Maintain database availability with log shipping, mirroring, and replication
- Prepare a backup strategy and restore a database
EXAM 70-443 Designing a Database Server Infrastructure Using Microsoft SQL Server 2005
- Install, consolidate, and configure multiple database instances
- Design tables, file groups, and indexes for a physical database
- Develop and implement security policies at the server, database, and object levels
- Design, implement, and configure clustering, log shipping, mirroring, and replication
- Develop plans for data archiving, backups, and disaster recovery
EXAM 70-444 Optimizing and Maintaining a Database Administration Solution Using Microsoft SQL Server 2005
- Monitor and troubleshoot queries, databases, and servers
- Manage security strategies and perform audits
- Help defend against attacks, worms, and viruses
- Detect and resolve data conflicts
- Diagnose faults and recover from database failures and disasters
- Optimize availability with failover clustering, mirroring, log shipping, and replication
- Customize maintenance and automate routine tasks
- Build, debug, and deploy SQL Server Integration Services packages
Your all-in-one kit includes:
- Official self-paced study guides for the three required exams.
- Practice tests with multiple, customizable testing options and a learning plan based on your results.
- 1200+ practice and review questions.
- Case scenarios, best practices, and practice exercises.
- Fully searchable eBooks for all three guides.
For customers who purchase an ebook version of this title, instructions for downloading the CD files can be found in the ebook.
If you find an error, you can report it to us through our Submit errata page.