- Published 5/5/2017
- 1st Edition
Prepare for Microsoft Exam 70-768–and help demonstrate your real-world mastery of Business Intelligence (BI) solutions development with SQL Server 2016 Analysis Services (SSAS), including modeling and queries. Designed for experienced IT professionals ready to advance their status, Exam Ref focuses on the critical thinking and decision-making acumen needed for success at the MCSA level.
Focus on the expertise measured by these objectives:
• Design a multidimensional BI semantic model
• Design a tabular BI semantic model
• Develop queries using Multidimensional Expressions (MDX) and Data Analysis Expressions (DAX)
• Configure and maintain SSAS
This Microsoft Exam Ref:
• Organizes its coverage by exam objectives
• Features strategic, what-if scenarios to challenge you
• Assumes you are a database or BI professional with experience creating models, writing MDX or DAX queries, and using SSAS
Table of Contents
1: Design a Multidimensional Business Intelligence (BI) Semantic Model
Skill 1.1. Create a Multidimensional Database by Using Microsoft SQL Server Analysis Services (SSAS)
Skill 1.2. Design and Implement Dimensions in a Cube
Skill 1.3. Implement Measures and Measure Groups in a Cube
2: Design a Tabular BI Semantic Model
Skill 2.1. Design and Publish a Tabular Data Model
Skill 2.2. Configure, Manage, and Secure a Tabular Model
Skill 2.3. Develop a tabular model to access data in near real time
3: Develop Queries Using Multidimensional Expressions (MDX) and Data Analysis Expressions (DAX)
Skill 3.1. Create Basic MDX Queries
Skill 3.2. Implement Custom MDX Solutions
Skill 3.3. Create formulas by using the DAX language
4: Configure and Maintain SQL Server Analysis Services (SSAS)
Skill 4.1. Plan and Deploy SSAS
Skill 4.2. Monitor and Optimize Performance
Skill 4.3. Configure and Manage Processing
Skill 4.4. Create Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) and Translations
Follow the instructions to download this book's sample files.
- Click the Download button below to start the download.
- If prompted, click Save.
- Locate the .zip file on your computer. Right-click the file, click Extract All, and then follow the instructions.
Also available for download is the URL list from each chapter. Click the Download button below to start the download.