Deploying Secure 802.11 Wireless Networks with Microsoft Windows
This product currently is not for sale.
- Published 8/13/2003
- 1st Edition
- 416 pages
- Book 978-0-7356-1939-5
Get in-depth technical guidance for deploying a security-enhanced wireless network for your corporate, public, or small business network—direct from the Microsoft Windows Networking and Communications team. This essential reference details the latest IEEE 802.11 and related technologies for public and private wireless LANs, including the new Wi-Fi Protected Access (WPA) standard. You’ll learn how to design and deploy an authentication infrastructure—including how to configure clients, Internet Authentication Service (IAS) servers, Active Directory directory service users and groups, certificate services, wireless access points, and other components—using best practices and real-world troubleshooting tactics from the extensive wireless LAN deployment at Microsoft.
Get the technical drill-down you need to:
- Configure wireless client support for Windows XP, Windows Server 2003, and Windows 2000
- Build the authentication infrastructure—including IAS RADIUS servers and proxies, Active Directory users and groups, and a public key infrastructure (PKI)
- Determine the placement of wireless access points
- Configure a Windows PKI to issue certificates for authentication of wireless access
- Use the EAP-TLS or PEAP-MS-CHAP v2 authentication protocol to help maximize security for a wireless intranet
- Design wireless intranets for business partners, cross-forest authentication, or large-scale deployment
- Help mitigate network attacks by using the new Temporal Key Integrity Protocol (TKIP) and Michael features of WPA
- Troubleshoot Windows wireless clients, wireless access points, and the authentication infrastructure
To learn about the changes in wireless standards and wireless support in Windows that have occurred since the publication of this book, download Updates to Deploying Secure 802.11 Wireless Networks with Microsoft Windows, a white paper by author Joseph Davies.
If you find an error, you can report it to us through our Submit errata page.
Other titles you might like
- Enterprise Mobility Suite Managing BYOD and Company-Owned Devices
- eBook (Watermarked) $19.99
- Understanding IPv6, 3rd Edition
- Book $49.99