8 Items Sort by date|Sort by title
- By Blain BartonJun 24, 2015
- Office 365, one of the public cloud-based services offered by Microsoft, is a software as a service (SaaS) suite that includes not only the personal computer versions of Office, but also mobile versions and the server services needed to connect them. If you’re ready to learn more about Office 365, this chapter from Microsoft Public Cloud Services: Setting up your business in the cloud will give you a great overview.
- By Haishi Bai, Steve Maier, Dan StoltsJun 23, 2015
- After presenting a brief introduction of Microsoft Azure datacenters, this chapter from Exam Ref 70-534 Architecting Microsoft Azure Solutions focuses mostly on IaaS. It introduces tools and services for managing compute and network resources. In addition, it discusses design considerations and patterns to orchestrate these resources into complete solutions.
- By Blain BartonJun 23, 2015
- Blain Barton, the author of Microsoft Public Cloud Services: Setting up your business in the cloud, introduces his book and explains what the cloud can do for your business.
- By Paul MehnerMar 15, 2013
- Paul Mehner offers a thorough understanding of how to securely perform data operations against the blob storage service.
- By William StanekDec 28, 2009
- Wherever disk resources are located, your job as a system administrator is to manage them. The tools and techniques you use to manage file systems and drives are discussed in this chapter from Windows Server 2008 Administrator's Pocket Consultant, 2nd Edition.
- By Janique Carbone, Robert LarsonJun 10, 2009
- Moving from Virtual Server 2005 R2 SP1 to Hyper-V involves migrating both the Virtual Server host and the virtual machines. This chapter from Windows Server 2008 Hyper-V Resource Kit will provide you with guidance about what should be moved, how to move it, when to move it, and other important considerations you need to be aware of during the process.