Software engineering practices
5 Items Sort by date|Sort by title
- Dec 16, 2014
- In this chapter from Scenario-Focused Engineering: A toolbox for innovation and customer-centricity, get an overview of the customer-focused, iterative approach called the Fast Feedback Cycle. You will see what it looks like, what the basic activities are at each stage, and how the stages fit together.
- May 15, 2012
- This chapter from Architecting Mobile Solutions for the Enterprise provides bits and pieces of code for some of the most common practices employed today to build mobile websites.
- May 15, 2012
- This chapter from Architecting Mobile Solutions for the Enterprise outlines the main aspects of a mobile strategy both in a B2C and a B2B scenario.
- Dec 22, 2011
- In this software change management case study, you are the lead software engineer in the Engineering division responsible for developing a new switching system. This chapter from Software Change Management: Case Studies and Practical Advice offers insights into how to spot, quantify, and deal with controversial issues related to off-the-shelf and open-source software usage in telecommunications.
- Feb 22, 2006
- When executives ask for an "estimate," they’re often asking for a commitment or for a plan to meet a target. In this chapter from Software Estimation: Demystifying the Black Art, Steve McConnell explains that the distinctions between estimates, targets, and commitments are critical to understanding what an estimate is, what an estimate is not, and how to make your estimates better.