7 Items Sort by date|Sort by title
- By Michael Collier, Robin ShahanFeb 6, 2015
- In this chapter from Microsoft Azure Essentials - Fundamentals of Azure, the authors take a look at two of the Platform as a Service (PaaS) offerings in Microsoft Azure: Azure Websites and Azure Cloud Services. They talk about what Azure Websites is, how to use the service to create websites, and how to keep them updated. They also look at the options for prebuilt websites offered by Azure.
- By Gary McLean HallOct 15, 2014
- The Liskov substitution principle (LSP) is a collection of guidelines for creating inheritance hierarchies in which a client can reliably use any class or subclass without compromising the expected behavior. This chapter from Adaptive Code via C#: Agile coding with design patterns and SOLID principles explains what the LSP is and how to avoid breaking its rules.
- By Charles PetzoldOct 1, 2014
- This chapter from Creating Mobile Apps with Xamarin.Forms, Preview Edition presents an actual application built from the ground up.
- By Tarik SoulamiMay 15, 2012
- This chapter from Inside Windows Debugging introduces some common terminology as well as several important layers (Kernel, Executive, NTDLL, Win32, COM/.NET) in the Windows architecture and software development landscape.
- By Vittorio BertocciSep 15, 2010
- This chapter from Programming Windows Identity Foundation takes a concrete approach to WIF programming, tackling many important problems and scenarios you might encounter when securing ASP.NET applications.