Visual Studio and .NET
19 Items Sort by date|Sort by title
- Apr 1, 2015
- In this chapter from Node.js for .NET Developers, David Gaynes explains how to work with data from URLs, data from users, and data from external sources in node.js.
- Sep 10, 2014
- In this chapter from Microsoft .NET - Architecting Applications for the Enterprise, 2nd Edition, the authors explain that understanding the domain leads to discovering an appropriate architecture. However, it doesn’t have to be a single, top-level architecture for the entire application. As you recognize subdomains, you can model each to subapplications, each coded with the most effective architecture.
- Sep 10, 2014
- This chapter from Microsoft .NET - Architecting Applications for the Enterprise, 2nd Edition introduces CQRS, which propounds the separation between domain layers and the use of distinct models for reading and writing.
- Aug 15, 2013
- John Paul Mueller explains the Entity Framework elements, describes the files used to store Entity Framework information, and shows you how to create a simple Entity Framework example, in this chapter from Microsoft ADO.NET Entity Framework Step by Step.
- Aug 15, 2013
- This chapter from Microsoft ADO.NET Entity Framework Step by Step begins by introducing you to LINQ to Entities.The chapter won’t provide an extensive reference, but you’ll have enough information to perform common tasks and a few advanced tasks.
- Jul 15, 2013
- With Windows PowerShell 3.0 running a command on a remote computer is as easy as running the command on your local computer; in some cases, it is even easier.
- Feb 15, 2013
- Remoting in Microsoft Windows PowerShell 3.0 is much improved. This chapter from Windows PowerShell 3.0 Step by Step shows how to use Windows PowerShell remoting to connect to a remote system, run commands on a remote system, run commands in the background, receive the results of those and other background jobs, and keep the results from background jobs.
- Nov 15, 2012
- Jeffrey Richter explains how the garbage collector in the common language runtime (CLR) works and various performance issues related to it in this chapter from CLR via C#, 4th Edition.
- Oct 15, 2012
- In this chapter from Professional Scrum Development with Microsoft Visual Studio 2012, Richard Hundhausen looks at some practices and tools that enable more effective collaboration.
- Dec 17, 2011
- In this chapter from MCPD 70-518 Exam Ref: Designing and Developing Windows Applications Using Microsoft .NET Framework 4, you will learn some of the important aspects of designing a Presentation layer. You will learn to choose between Windows Forms and Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) for the technology used to build the Presentation layer, to design application layout and workflow, to handle data within the Presentation layer, and to develop a well-crafted and responsive user experience.
- Oct 17, 2011
- Tony Northrup walks you through how to design your application architecture in this chapter from MCPD 70-519 Exam Ref: Designing and Developing Web Applications Using Microsoft .NET Framework 4.
- Oct 15, 2011
- One particularly promising approach to improving computer performance is multiprocessing. This chapter from Start Here! Fundamentals of Microsoft .NET Programming describes multiprocessing and explains how you can take advantage of it to get the best performance possible.
- Aug 24, 2011
- This chapter from Coding Faster: Getting More Productive with Microsoft Visual Studio focuses on working with documents in the File Tab Channel as well as ways to navigate better. Several advanced topics, such as creating custom file extensions and working with previous versions are covered as well.
- Aug 15, 2011
- This chapter from Microsoft Visual Basic 2010 Developer's Handbook covers .NET Data Types, including char, string, boolean, and date.
- Sep 3, 2010
- This chapter from Microsoft SharePoint 2010 Administrator's Companion explores the SharePoint 2010 Management Shell and how to use Windows PowerShell to accomplish some basic administrative tasks.
- Dec 16, 2009
- In this chapter from Windows PowerShell 2.0 Best Practices, you will look at proven methods for providing custom help in Windows PowerShell scripts.
- Feb 18, 2009
- This chapter from Solid Code is a practical discussion of the Garbage Collector and the memory mode of the .NET Framework.
- Oct 15, 2008
- This chapter from Microsoft .NET - Architecting Applications for the Enterprise offers a quick tutorial about software engineering. It first outlines some basic principles that should always inspire the design of a modern software system and then discusses principles of object-oriented design.
- Sep 24, 2008
- This chapter from MCTS Self-Paced Training Kit (Exam 70-503): Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 Windows Communication Foundation answers the question of how sessions function within the WCF world. It also describes the various instancing options and the implications each choice has on the available functionality.