7 Items Sort by date|Sort by title
F# and Design Patterns for C# Developers
- Jun 15, 2013
- In this chapter from F# for C# Developers, Tao Liu uses well-known design patterns to introduce performing system design by using F#.
Build Your First Windows 8 App with Microsoft Visual C# and Visual Basic
- Feb 15, 2013
- This chapter from Build Windows 8 Apps with Microsoft Visual C# and Visual Basic Step by Step teaches the complete cycle for creating, testing, and deploying a simple Windows 8 application. You will learn about the available templates and how to describe the application using the manifest. Finally, you'll add the code to implement the search contract using a provided template.
Working with Variables, Operators, and Expressions in Microsoft Visual C#
- Dec 15, 2012
- This chapter from Microsoft Visual C# 2012 Step By Step introduces you to the elements of Microsoft Visual C# syntax and semantics, including statements, keywords, and identifiers.
Developing a Web Project with Microsoft Visual C# 2010
- Oct 15, 2011
- This chapter from Start Here! Learn Microsoft Visual C# 2010 begins by exploring the tool you use to create web applications of various types: Visual Web Developer 2010 Express. Then you'll begin working with some actual applications, creating a simple project, and using it to define a simple web application.
Introducing the Task Parallel Library in Microsoft Visual C# 2010
- Apr 15, 2010
- In this chapter from Microsoft Visual C# 2010 Step by Step you will see how to improve concurrency in an application by using the Task Parallel Library.
Creating Your Own Web Browser in Less Than Five Minutes with Microsoft Visual C# 2008 Express Edition
- Mar 5, 2008
- In this chapter from Microsoft Visual C# 2008 Express Edition: Build a Program Now!, you’ll learn how to build your own basic Web browser, and you’ll be able to do it in five minutes or less!
Querying Information in a Microsoft SQL Server Database
- Dec 19, 2007
- In this chapter from Microsoft Visual C# 2008 Step by Step, learn how to query information in a Microsoft SQL Server database using ADO.NET and DLINQ.