7 Items Sort by date|Sort by title
Build Your First Windows 8 App with Microsoft Visual C# and Visual Basic
- Feb 15, 2013
- This chapter from Build Windows 8 Apps with Microsoft Visual C# and Visual Basic Step by Step teaches the complete cycle for creating, testing, and deploying a simple Windows 8 application. You will learn about the available templates and how to describe the application using the manifest. Finally, you'll add the code to implement the search contract using a provided template.
Creating Your Own Web Browser in Less Than Five Minutes with Microsoft Visual C# 2008 Express Edition
- Mar 5, 2008
- In this chapter from Microsoft Visual C# 2008 Express Edition: Build a Program Now!, you’ll learn how to build your own basic Web browser, and you’ll be able to do it in five minutes or less!
Developing a Web Project with Microsoft Visual C# 2010
- Oct 15, 2011
- This chapter from Start Here! Learn Microsoft Visual C# 2010 begins by exploring the tool you use to create web applications of various types: Visual Web Developer 2010 Express. Then you'll begin working with some actual applications, creating a simple project, and using it to define a simple web application.
F# and Design Patterns for C# Developers
- Jun 15, 2013
- In this chapter from F# for C# Developers, Tao Liu uses well-known design patterns to introduce performing system design by using F#.
Introducing the Task Parallel Library in Microsoft Visual C# 2010
- Apr 15, 2010
- In this chapter from Microsoft Visual C# 2010 Step by Step you will see how to improve concurrency in an application by using the Task Parallel Library.
Querying Information in a Microsoft SQL Server Database
- Dec 19, 2007
- In this chapter from Microsoft Visual C# 2008 Step by Step, learn how to query information in a Microsoft SQL Server database using ADO.NET and DLINQ.
Working with Variables, Operators, and Expressions in Microsoft Visual C#
- Dec 15, 2012
- This chapter from Microsoft Visual C# 2012 Step By Step introduces you to the elements of Microsoft Visual C# syntax and semantics, including statements, keywords, and identifiers.