8 Items Sort by date|Sort by title
- Mar 5, 2008
- There have been some radical changes to the underlying implementation of Group Policy with Windows Vista and Windows Server 2008. Although the core dependencies have not changed, the core engine of Group Policy has changed for the better, as Derek Melber explains in this chapter from Windows Group Policy Resource Kit: Windows Server 2008 and Windows Vista.
- Mar 5, 2008
- This chapter from Windows Server 2008 Active Directory Resource Kit describes administrative delegation, starting with a discussion of the various types of tasks that might be delegated within an enterprise. Then it describes object access, the types of permissions that can be assigned to objects residing within the directory, and how to use these permissions for delegation of administration. Finally, the chapter provides information about auditing changes to objects residing within AD DS.
- Apr 16, 2008
- In this chapter from Windows Server 2008 Administrator's Companion, learn about the physical aspects of storage: the disk subsystem and how you manage and administer it. This includes disks, partitions, and volumes, along with logical drives. Also covered are the special features of the NTFS file system, including encryption and quotas. Throughout this chapter, the authors cover both the graphical way to do things and the command-line way.
- Dec 28, 2009
- Wherever disk resources are located, your job as a system administrator is to manage them. The tools and techniques you use to manage file systems and drives are discussed in this chapter from Windows Server 2008 Administrator's Pocket Consultant, 2nd Edition.
- Feb 27, 2008
- This chapter from Windows Server 2008 Inside Out covers installing and configuring TCP/IP networking, managing network connections, and troubleshooting and testing network settings.
- Dec 8, 2010
- This chapter from Windows Server 2008 R2 Remote Desktop Services Resource Kit shows you how best to configure profiles and Folder Redirection using the tools that come with Windows.
- Jun 10, 2009
- Moving from Virtual Server 2005 R2 SP1 to Hyper-V involves migrating both the Virtual Server host and the virtual machines. This chapter from Windows Server 2008 Hyper-V Resource Kit will provide you with guidance about what should be moved, how to move it, when to move it, and other important considerations you need to be aware of during the process.
- Sep 17, 2008
- This chapter from Windows Server 2008 Server Core Administrator's Pocket Consultant examines each of these remote administration methods and demonstrates how to set them up and use them to manage Server Core.