Exam Ref with Practice Test FAQs
Some new Exam Ref titles from Microsoft Press are available as Premium Edition eBooks with practice test from Pearson Test Prep. These practice tests are available to you either online or as a Windows desktop application.
Q. Why should I choose Pearson Practice Tests?
A. Pearson IT Certification is the leader in IT certification learning solutions, with a long tradition of delivering proven learning tools and educational training materials that have helped certification exam candidates succeed.
Q. How do I purchase an Exam Ref eBook + Pearson practice tests?
A. Exam Ref titles sold with Pearson Practice Tests include "with Practice Test" in the product title. Explore your purchase options here. After completing your order, you will receive an access code on your Account Page.
Q. How do I access the Pearson Test Prep Software online?
A. The online version of this software can be used on any device with a browser and connectivity to the Internet including desktop machines, tablets, and smartphones. To start using your practice exams online, simply follow these steps:
- Go to www.PearsonTestPrep.com.
- Select Pearson IT Certification as your product group.
- Enter your email/password for your account. If you don't have an account on pearsonITcertification.com or ciscopress.com, you will need to establish one by going to pearsonITcertification.com/join, and use that login information on the Pearson Test Prep site.
- In the My Products tab, click the Activate New Product button.
- Enter the access code seen on the Digital Purchases tab of your account next to this title, to activate your product.
- The product will now be listed in your My Products page. Click the Exams button to launch the exam settings screen and start your exam.
The online version of the Pearson Test Prep software is supported on the following browsers and devices. Internet access is required.
- Chrome (Windows and Mac)
- Safari (Mac)
- Microsoft Edge
- Desktop and laptop computers
- Tablets running on Android 8.0 or later, or iPadOS 13.0 or later
- Smartphones with a minimum screen size of 4.7"
Q. How do I access the Pearson Test Prep Software offline?
A. If you wish to study offline, you can download and install the Windows version of the Pearson Test Prep software.
Previous Users: If you have already installed the Pearson Test Prep software from another purchase, you do not need to install it again. Launch the Pearson Test Prep software from your Start menu. Click Activate Exam in the My Products or Tools tab, and enter the activation key found in the sleeve in the back of your book to activate and download the free practice questions for this book.
New Users: You will need to install the Pearson Test Prep software on your Windows desktop. Follow the steps below to download, install, and activate your exams.
- Click the Install Windows Version link under the Practice Exams section of the page to download the software.
- Once the software finishes downloading, unzip all the files on your computer.
- Double-click the application file to start the installation, and follow the on-screen instructions to complete the registration.
- Once the installation is complete, launch the application and select the Activate Exam button on the My Products tab.
- Click the Activate a Product button in the Activate Product Wizard.
- Enter the unique access code found on the card in the sleeve in the back of your book and click the Activate button.
- Click Next and then the Finish button to download the exam data to your application.
- You can now start using the practice exams by selecting the product and clicking the Open Exam button to open the exam settings screen.
- Pearson Test Prep offline system requirements:
- Windows 8.1, Windows 10, or Windows 11
- Microsoft NET Framework 4.51 Client
- Pentium class 1 GHz processor (or equivalent)
- 512 MB RAM
- 650 MB hard disk space plus 50 MB for each downloaded practice exam
- Access to the Internet to register and download exam databases
Note that the offline and online versions will synch together, so saved exams and grade results recorded on one version will be available to you on the other as well.
Q. Can I still buy Exam Ref books or eBooks without practice test access?
A. Yes. The print editions of Exam Refs available here on microsoftpressstore.com do not contain practice test access. Also, not all Exam Ref eBooks available here will have practice tests included. For those eBooks that are sold here only with practice test access, you may be able to find eBooks without that access available from your favorite retail bookseller.
If you have additional questions, please email customer service.