Windows Vista Resource Kit, 2nd Edition
This product currently is not for sale.
This eBook includes the following formats, accessible from your Account page after purchase:
EPUB The open industry format known for its reflowable content and usability on supported mobile devices.
MOBI The eBook format compatible with the Amazon Kindle and Amazon Kindle applications.
PDF The popular standard, which reproduces the look and layout of the printed page.
This eBook requires no passwords or activation to read. We customize your eBook by discreetly watermarking it with your name, making it uniquely yours.
- Published 7/16/2008
- 2nd Edition
- 1696 pages
- Book 978-0-7356-2596-9
In-depth, comprehensive, and fully updated for Service Pack 1, this RESOURCE KIT delivers the information you need to administer Windows Vista. You get authoritative technical guidance from those who know the technology best—Microsoft Most Valuable Professionals and the Windows Vista team—along with essential scripts and resources on the CD.
Get expert guidance on how to:
- Use Microsoft Deployment Toolkit best practices and tools
- Plan user-state migration and test application compatibility
- Exploit new Group Policy features, settings, and ADMX templates
- Configure software updates and client-security technologies
- Administer disks, file systems, file sharing, search, and Internet Explorer
- Install and troubleshoot printers, devices, and services
- Manage IPsec, IPv6, wireless, and remote connectivity
- Use performance monitoring and diagnostic tools to manage desktop health
- Resolve common startup, hardware, and networking issues
- 120+ sample VBScript scripts
- 25 sample Windows PowerShell scripts
- Troubleshooting tools
- Links to toolkits, documentation, and white papers
- Complete eBook of INTRODUCING WINDOW SERVER 2008
- Sample chapters from related Microsoft Press books
- Fully searchable eBook of this guide
Plus: * See “Direct from the Source” sidebars for deep insights and troubleshooting tips from the Windows Vista team
For customers who purchase an ebook version of this title, instructions for downloading the CD files can be found in the ebook.
- Click the following link: Download the companion content.
- Click Save.
- Locate the .zip file on your computer. Right-click the file, click Extract All, and then follow the instructions.
If you find an error, you can report it to us through our Submit errata page.
Other titles you might like
- T-SQL Fundamentals, 3rd Edition
- Book $49.99
- T-SQL Fundamentals
- eBook (Watermarked) $39.99