Deploying Virtual Private Networks with Microsoft Windows Server 2003
This product currently is not for sale.
- Published 10/15/2003
- 1st Edition
- 480 pages
- Book 978-0-7356-1576-2
Get the focused, in-depth technical expertise you need to deploy virtual private networks (VPNs) using the Windows Server 2003 operating system. The authors—networking specialists from the Microsoft Windows Server team—thoroughly detail VPN components, capabilities, and security considerations for remote access and site-to-site connections. From planning and design to deploying and troubleshooting your solution, you get expert technical guidance through all key decision points and procedures. This guide also features an end-to-end deployment example and best practices information, with additional resources on CD.
Get the technical drill-down you need to:
- Evaluate your organization’s interoperability and security requirements
- Define and implement VPN-related network infrastructure—including routing, name resolution, Active Directory domains, and certificate services
- Select and implement VPN protocols—PPTP and L2TP/IPSec
- Implement advanced security services, including Network Access Quarantine Control and certificate-based authentication
- Design, configure, and deploy VPN servers, including firewall configuration
- Configure RADIUS authentication for VPN connections
- Plan and implement remote access policies
- Use Connection Manager for large-scale remote access VPN deployment
- Set up a VPN test lab
- Learn expert troubleshooting tactics—including solutions to common problems
- VPN Deployment Calculator
- Troubleshooting worksheets
- Fully searchable eBook
For customers who purchase an ebook version of this title, instructions for downloading the CD files can be found in the ebook.
If you find an error, you can report it to us through our Submit errata page.