Building Secure Microsoft ASP.NET Applications
This product currently is not for sale.
This eBook includes the following formats, accessible from your Account page after purchase:
EPUB The open industry format known for its reflowable content and usability on supported mobile devices.
MOBI The eBook format compatible with the Amazon Kindle and Amazon Kindle applications.
PDF The popular standard, which reproduces the look and layout of the printed page.
This eBook requires no passwords or activation to read. We customize your eBook by discreetly watermarking it with your name, making it uniquely yours.
- Published 1/22/2003
- 1st Edition
- 624 pages
- Book 978-0-7356-1890-9
Building secure distributed Web applications can be challenging. It usually involves integrating several different technologies and products—yet your complete application will only be as secure as its weakest link. This guide presents a practical, scenario-driven approach to designing and building security-enhanced ASP.NET applications for Microsoft Windows 2000 and version 1.1 of the Microsoft .NET Framework. It focuses on the key elements of authentication, authorization, and secure communication within and across the tiers of distributed .NET Web applications.
This guide focuses on:
- Authentication—to identify the clients of your application
- Authorization—to provide access controls for those clients
- Secure communication—to help ensure that messages remain private and are not altered by unauthorized parties
Who should read this guide:
Middleware developers and architects who build or plan to build .NET Web applications using ASP.NET, XML Web Services, Enterprise Services (COM+), .NET Remoting, or Microsoft ADO.NET
About “Patterns and Practices”:
Patterns & Practices contain specific recommendations illustrating how to design, build, deploy, and operate architecturally sound solutions to challenging business and technical scenarios. The technical guidance is reviewed and approved by Microsoft engineering teams, consultants, and Product Support Services, and by partners and customers.
Note: Includes complete sample on the Web.
- Click the following link: Download the companion content.
- Click Save.
- Locate the .zip file on your computer. Right-click the file, click Extract All, and then follow the instructions.
If you find an error, you can report it to us through our Submit errata page.
Other titles you might like
- Modern Web Development: Understanding domains, technologies, and user experience
- eBook (Watermarked) $35.99
- SignalR Programming in Microsoft ASP.NET
- eBook (Watermarked) $19.99